Monday, November 24, 2008

Leftovers made gourmet

Let's see, what is in my fridge, my freezer, my pantry??? This is how I begin each meal. I despise waste, can't throw away food so I have to eat what is there. But that is not the same as left overs. Here is an example. In the fridge are some grains from last night, some veggies. In the freezer there is frozen Mahi Mahi. In the pantry I've got some beluga black lentils. See some almonds...So the meal evolves from this.

Menu: Almond crusted Mahi-Mahi, Israeli cous cous with black lentils and a chopped salad with feta cheese, olive and balsamic drizzle.

The age rebel factor: Skin friendly oils from the fish, almonds and olive oil. (FYI: I love almond oil and it is found in many of the Intelligent Skin Sense moisturizers)

No comments:

Post a Comment