Monday, January 16, 2012

Everyday Cosmetic Tips



I'm an esthetician so naturally I want my skin to look good. But it's not always the case. Like most women juggling motherhood and a career I wake up tired sometimes, and my face shows it. Today was one of them. Last night my new Collie pup stayed up all night and so did I. I woke up puffy, the circles exaggerated under my eyes, and I felt sluggish all over. I practiced my home remedies this morning and they really work. I took a bath, exfoliated and applied a five minute masque, vigorously toweled dried and then dry brushed my body. This was followed by a stimulating contour gel application (have to plug mine as it does the trick-Cellaction Contour Gel) and made sure to include my tired feet. After getting dressed I was re-energized but my face was still tired looking. In addition to my normal moisturizing routine, I used a few tricks of the trade. You can easily do the same and believe me it works.
People will tell you that your skin looks great even when you know the truth underneath the carefully applied cosmetics.
Give these a go;

1) Use a loose mineral powder. Sprinkle a little powder (just enough to cover the center of your palm) and add to it a spritz of water (even better use your toner) and a tiny dollop of your moisturizer. Mix with your finger and apply evenly to your face. You can use a sponge to smooth it but I prefer my fingertips.

2) Apply a pink soft blush to the apple of your cheeks. It brightens your face just like when your were young!

3) Take a white eye pencil. Use it on the inner bottom lid. This opens up your eyes.

4) Use a violet/blue pencil on the inner and outer corners of your eye right at lash line. The bluer tones brighten the eyes and make the white of your eyes appear brighter.

5) Use navy mascara. I love navy mascara when I am tired It works to make your eyes sparkle. Concentrate on outer lashes so your lashes look fuller.

6) Stain your lips with a reddish lip stain and cover with a clear gloss.

That's it. No need for more. This daytime make-up is natural and designed to enhance your complexion. Our secret weapon for those challenging mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment