Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Why I don't promote Facial Masks


I've been known to say I am not a fan of facial masks. It's not that I don't see their benefits, it's just I see more benefit in what one does daily with their skin rather than weekly. It's true when I say "it really matters what you put on your skin each day". Don't skimp on your cleanser as I can bet you it's not removed well enough which means some of it stays on your skin. So it best be good. A little tid bit, use a cotton pad dampened with water to remove your make-up and clean your skin. If the cotton is not pure white, then your skin is not cleansed yet.

But I can be reformed. The last two weeks have been stressful and I have made it a point to take a spa bath at home and put on a face mask. It does feel nice to have a mask on that smells great. As an esthetician I get it that after it dries it's over. But for that 10 minutes of tightening I feel revived. Aaahhh!

Home Recipe. Mix a tablespoon of plain yogurt, a 1/2 teaspoon of honey and add a squeeze of cucumber (you want the juice of the cucumber). This is nourishing and good for dehydrated and sensitive skin.

2 comments:

  1. Facial mask is the result of better treatment. It make well and effective changes of good work. It create excellence glamor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point and I agree. Just driving the point that more important than the weekly mask is what you do everyday.

    ReplyDelete