Monday, February 27, 2012

Intelligent Skin Sense Partners with Spa Finders, Wellness Week

Unless you know someone who has cancer and you see first hand how ravaging the disease can be, you really don't know about cancer. I thought I knew how hard the disease hits people but when I saw my mother battle throat and tongue cancer, I became humbled pretty quickly. I always knew my mother was strong, but she is beyond strong, she is a Warrior Goddess. A year and a half later, my mother is still in recovery, learning to talk again, to swallow again and to eat again. This has inspired me to get involved with Cancer organizations and to learn more about oncology services that spas can provide. As the owner of Intelligent Skin Sense, I made it my mission to raise skin cancer awareness and my staff has certifications through CancerCares advanced training programs. This month Intelligent Skin Sense will partner with Spa Finders for Wellness Week, March 19th throughout March 25th. Services at the spa will be offered at discounted rates and 10% of all product sales will go directly to CancerCare. On March 21st the spa will host a wellness event geared towards patients recovering from cancer and it will be ongoing from 3-7PM. Dr. Jason McBean a neighboring dermatologist will speak in behalf of skin cancer awareness at 5:30 that evening.

To learn more about Wellness Week http://www.spafinder.com/wellnessweek/howitworks.htm
and to see last year’s Wellness Week video visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ojzzEBqoHA

No comments:

Post a Comment