Saturday, June 9, 2012

Summer Foundation Customized with SPF

While most of us use make-up as a cover-up or as a means of creating a more even toned skin, we don't consider it a sunscreen.
I found out years ago that just wearing a pressed powder to the beach gave me better sun protection than my full sunscreen product.
What I didn't know was that it had a built in SPF of 17 or higher. This was way back in 1990 and I was the pale one on the beach-my girlfriends begged me to get a little color, but I came with my loose braids, a baseball cap and make-up on. Quite frankly, the make-up was pure vanity, I had no idea about how well it protected me from sundamage. Now moving on to years later...I created my own skin care line, and just launched a mineral based cosmetic line in the spa-AND the testing on the pressed and loose powders confirms it offers a SPF of 17. All the wonderful minerals, titanium and others are Natures SPF. OK, so the good news is protection. But I want you also to realize that you can customize these powders with your favorite toners, moisturizers or face oils. Depending on your skin, and the season (more humid climates add a lot of moisture to the skin...) you decide how to mix. I prefer to use the loose powder and I put a little bit in the palm of my hand, add one spritz of ISS Saturation Spray and a small pump of ISS Chain Reaction Moistuizer. I mix them together and apply with my fingertips to my face and neck. On top I take a large Kabuki brush and dip it in ISS pressed powder and work the brush around my face. It looks so natural that most people would think you were not wearing make-up at all. Beach friendly and perfect for your skin and summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment